Cloth Diaper Care
There is so much information online about cloth diapering that it has become a science. After a decade of manufacturing cloth diapers and hundred of thousand of happy customers here is what we have noticed and want to share before you dive in.
How soon you wash your diapers, the type of washing machine you have, the age of the washing machine, the type of soap you use, the monthly sanitizing of the loader, the type of water you have will make a BIG difference.
We have heard only success from parents that rinse their diapers soonest and have them in a water pail waiting to be in the next load of laundry. You avoid staining, ammonia buildup altogether. The same would apply to any other garments it seems.
HERE ARE OTHER BASIC STEPS:
Knock solids into the toilet and shake diaper shell.
- Rinse off any residue left.
- Remove the washable inserts and store both diapers and inserts in either a dry diaper pail or a pail of water until ready for washing.
- Rinsing and washing your diapers daily if you can is better and will avoid a lot of ammonia and stains issues. If your diapers are rinsed and residue free you can throw them in any load of laundry with any other items of clothing.
- Wash in cold or warm water to a maximum of 40℃.
- Use any cloth-friendly detergent with proper amount needed.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Hang to dry or tumble dry on low.
- If any stain occurs use a little lemon juice and sun bleach your diaper.
Thing to do or have:
- Sanitize your washer monthly Cloth diapering or not.
- 1 small washing pail
- 1 long dish brush
- White Vinegar
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- RLR for mineral buildup
- Tea tree oil
- Non chlorine bleach
- Cloth-friendly detergent
Thing to avoid:
- Do not boil your diapers
- Do not let your diapers sit for few days
- Do not use Bleach as it damages the waterproof membrane and melt elastics.
- Do not wash your diaper with hot water in general as it also reduce the life of your diapers elastic as well and voids warranty.
We're here to help, we want you to treasure your cloth diapering experience. If you have any questions please reach out tous through our Contact Us page.
The Charlie Banana® Team